Recipe for Success – Chicken Pita Pockets
Meal prepping is a great way to get your meals in line for the week. However, sometimes it takes a long time for your meals to come together. This Chicken Pita Pocket recipe takes only 35 minutes and it perfect for a quick lunch, or family dinner. The recipe also includes pesto, which adds great flavor to any dish. For more recipes and helpful hints, keep checking our blog at FitRepublic.com.
Meal Prep Pesto Chicken Pita Pockets
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- red onion
- bell pepper
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 4 pita pockets
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss chicken breast with olive oil and salt & pepper and arrange on a baking pan.
- Toss the veggies with olive oil and salt & pepper, and arrange on a second baking pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip everything and return to the oven.
- Cook the veggies for 10-15 more minutes (20-25 min total), until cooked to your liking.
- Cook chicken for another 15 minutes (25 min total), and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Place the chicken slices and vegetables in a large bowl with the pesto, stir to coat.
- Divide amongst 4 storage containers, with pita separate.
- Don’t cut the pita in half until just prior to serving. Open the pocket and spoon filling into the pocket.
Click here to reach to us!