Recipe for Success – Baked Oatmeal Cups
Breakfast is a difficult meal for most people. Some people don’t want to get up early an cook, others simply don’t have the time. This quick breakfast trick only takes 40 minutes to complete, and can be made ahead of time and saved for later! Add your favorite flavors to make it truly your own. We used bananas and chocolate chips for ours! For more recipes and helpful hints, keep checking our blog at FitRepublic.com.
Banana and Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
Click here to reach to us!