Recipe for Success – White Bean and Spinach Quesadillas
Is it lunch time yet? This 30 minute meal is perfect for freezing and meal prepping, or a healthy Saturday lunch with your children. It is super easy to make and even more fun to eat. This meal is light, but will fill you up in no time! White bean and spinach quesadillas are the perfect balance of healthy and savory. Dip them in some sour cream or guacamole for the perfect finisher. Here is how to make this simple and delicious meal. For more recipes and helpful hints, keep checking our blog at FitRepublic.com.
White Bean & Spinach Quesadillas (Freezer Friendly)
- 19 oz can of white beans navy, cannellini or white kidney beans are all fine, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz spinach chopped (roughly 3 cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 1/2cups frozen spinach)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 5 large 12 inch tortillas
- If spinach is frozen, thaw and press out extra moisture.
- In a large bowl, mash the white beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in the spinach, cumin, coriander and salt. Stir/mash until the spinach is slightly wilted and fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with oil, then assemble quesadillas in the pan (cooking 2 at a time).
- Spoon out ½ cup of white bean/spinach filling, then sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese. Fold the tortilla over, then press down firmly.
- Cook for 3 or so minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut in half and wrap in plastic wrap.
- StorageStore in the fridge for 3 days or the freezer for longer (up to 3 months)
- To Re-heatthaw in the fridge overnight (if frozen)
- heat in the microwave on a paper towel for 30 seconds, (OPTIONAL): crisp up in a pan or on a George Foreman grill.
Click here to reach to us!